Sitting here at HKG Gate 42, I have a few moments to reflect before I board the plane bound for Bali. I'm starting to feel it, that I'm actually doing this. When I travel, I usually don't feel that deep-in-my-stomach excitement until I actually set my feet on the soil of my destination, but it's beginning. Aaack!!!
Travelling by myself has for the most part, been fine, though yesterday, as I rode the shuttle bus to my hotel with two other families, I really wanted them to talk to me. To ask me where I was going. And I wanted to talk to them, and ask them where they were going. I was really looking for that entrance point into the conversation but there really wasn't one. I hadn't had an actual conversation with anyone since I left Satyan at YVR. It's a weird feeling to hunger so much for some meaningful human connection when I'm usually quite content with my party of one.
I'm also feeling a bit anxious about the work I'm going to do. Through meeting with our intern coordinator and the other interns these past weeks, I get a sense that what we're launching into something that is larger than we think. That's a bit intimidating. But also exciting! I would say this adventure is akin to jumping out of a plane. Really. So here. it. goooooooooooooooeeees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Angie. I am so glad you are writing. Please keep it up. I miss you tons.
Post a Comment