Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day Six

It's Day Six in Bali. I was thrown into work immediately and though the campus is a beautiful jungle, I have been less than relaxed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's just that the identity work I've been doing as my first project is not all sunshine and mangoes. Anyway, some good things: I'm happy that Alex and Kristen are here from Emily Carr. Alex especially, as a 4th year comd student has been key in setting things on course. Also, I feel very welcome here and all the staff are really friendly. Richard is one of my favourites because of his salty humour. Ann is really caring and has such a listening ear.

I rode my scooter on the road for the first time last night. Scary but ok.

I've been sick for the past few days, not fun, but it's getting better now. I also had a crazy ant adventure in my hut last night. Yuck. Oh well. That's life in the jungle.

No comments: