Thursday, December 6, 2007

the lungs of a giant

Whoosh. A larger than normal exhalation.

Today was my last day of classes for this semester and my projects and assignments are all done. Hallelujah. I had sushi (my first and only meal of the day) with Mark and Chloe after our studio class and it was so nice to relax and bit and hang out with these two school chums of mine. Though afterwards I madly rushed to the library to finish my last assignment, the sushi time was worth every second. I've missed people. I've miss the community (the little we have of it), the energy, of these Emily Carr COMD students, what with my being there for only one class a week.

Next week, I'm heading off to NY with my brother (Kenny) for a week of vacation. We're going to do all the touristy things (he hasn't been there before), spend hours at all the museums (yay MoMa and Helvetica exhibit), and hopefully see a play and skate at Rockefeller Centre. Oops, I mean "Center". I'm also excited for the lights and chill of Christmas in New York and will hopefully be taking many, many photographs. I'm also very excited about spending time with my bro as we rarely hang out. Ah yes. Some brother/sister bonding.

This week also marks the beginning of Advent. I've been (trying) to read and meditate everyday on these readings from a new Advent book I acquired recently. I don't remember ever tracking through Advent during the Christmas Season and doing this now has kept me more mindful of the sacredness of the season. I know I need it: my starved heart, soul, and mind.

No comments: