Until now, i'd forgotton that i started a blog. So here now, i'm taking a momentary pause on our last day in NY to post a quick one. This trip has been busy, lots of museums, lots of coffee, lots of walking. Lots and lots of walking. At first, I found people here not as friendly or exuberant as people back home but I think I've gotten used to it more now. And as much as I'm a city person, I don't think I'd want to live here. I like Vancouver for its slower pace, more open spaces, and generally friendlier service people. It's also way too damn cold here in New York!
I've been travelling with my brother Kenny and it's been good to get to know him better and spend time with him. He's thinking of going to grad school out here at Columbia so we checked out the campus one morning and had a great sit-down on the steps of the plaza. Those conversation moments are the ones I've enjoyed the most on this trip, more than the art, even more than the shopping in the West Village and the skating in Rockefeller Center!
Well, that's enough for now. Off to the Cooper-Hewitt Museum of Design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment